PST stands for Personal Storage Table which is used as a container for MS Outlook to store Contacts, emails, notes, tasks, drafts, shared items, to do lists, journals, alarms and many useful MS Outlook elements. This type of storage table has a specific storage limit of file size which depends on the version of MS Outlook. Sometimes, it may possible that your PST file not get accesses due to oversize of PST file and other reasons such as virus attack, header file corruption, power outage etc. When a PST files get oversized, the MS Outlook takes lots of time to open and respond any files from it. The problem of oversized Outlook PST files becomes worst whenever user try to access their emails or contacts and they respond with some error message.
Some common error messages are as follows:-
- Reported Error 0x00040820
- Error in Background Synchronization
- “xxxx.pst cannot be accessed – 0×80040116.”
- “The file could not be added to the folder. The action could not be completed.”
- “The file xxxx.pst has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, then permanently (shift + del) delete them.”
These all error messages are the indication that your P)ST file is corrupted or deleted. If your PST file is corrupted and faced with oversized Outlook PST file issues then no need to be worry because to fix this error an in-built tool is provided by Microsoft called Inbox Repair Tool. This tool is stored in the MS Office folder of your System hard drive. To repair Oversized Outlook PST file with Inbox Repair Tool follow the instructions which are listed below:
- Open “scanpst.exe” application
- After open application click on “browse” button to select the oversized PST file
- After selecting oversized file hit the “Start” button to test the selected files for errors
- You’ll find option like “Make backup of scanned file before repairing”
- Now Select the destination location to save the backup file
- At last initialize the repair process by pressing “Repair” button
The inbox repair tool is unable to repair PST file of size more than 2GB because it comes with limited features. If PST file issue is beyond it’s capacity then it will refuse to fix this type of error. To fix oversized Outlook PST file, user can use PST Repair Tool. It is the best recovery utility which is designed by professional expert using highly advanced algorithm. This tool is compatible with various version of MS Outlook and supports all Windows PC. PST Repair Tool comes with user-friendly interface which makes it very convenient-to-use.